Sunday, November 16, 2008

We Live in Filthy Times...

I know that most of us were told to wash our hands after using the restroom. Unfortunately, there are people who have not heard this sanitary message.

On my break last week, I went to the restroom to take care of things when I noticed a guy already in a stall and another at the urinal. I pulled up to the other urinal and did my thing as the other guy finished his business. He then proceeded to the sink, only to look at himself, turned to the door, and pressed his disgusting hands on the door to exit the room. Are you kidding me? Now I am pressed with the task of washing my hands and figuring out a way out of this place without touching the door...

There is nothing worse than people not washing their hands after using the restroom in a public facility. If you don't want to do that in your own house, that's fine- I don't ever have to use the restroom in your house. I wouldn't want anyone to look at me in disgust as they walk out of a restroom. Moreover- I could not imagine walking around knowing that other people know I did not wash my hands in the restroom...

Along these same lines- there should be few laws that should be enacted from a national level:

1. Every restroom should have hot water. I can't stand turning on the faucet and not having hot water in the restroom. It helps to kill germs and cleanse the hands while using soap.

2. Bathrooms must have paper towels. There is nothing I hate more than the jet-powered air machine that "dries" hands by simply blowing the water off of the skin. Sure it may not be better for the environment, but at least I don't have to finish drying my hands on my pants.

3. Build every restroom door "pull in/push out." Seriously, does it take a genius to realize that no one wants to touch a filthy door handle that has probably never cleaned to get our of a facility just after you cleaned up? I hate having to use that paper napkin as a barrier to the filth on that door handle.

There you have it. From now on, I wash my hands of this issue.

1 comment:

webgirl said...

Just imagine the public restrooms in China. They are squatters (a hole in the floor) and you have to BYOTP!!!