Sunday, December 28, 2008

Macbook Revisited

Just a quick note to update you about my thoughts of the Macbook... My decision to save money by not spending $300 for a backlit keyboard, slight boost in CPU speed and HD space was a good move. This computer is extremely quick in responding to commands and completing tasks. Plus, I am pretty good at typing by feel and it is requiring me to get better at it... Earlier, I had encountered an issue with the glass trackpad. I began to notice that it was inconsistent when clikcing or tapping the the left side of the trackpad. Fortunately, this issue was resolved within a few weeks with a software update and has not been an issue since.

I am coming to realize that the missing firewire port is posing a problem that I had not anticipated. Initially, I never thought that it would be an issue because I did not plug anything into the firewire port, but I realize that in order to transfer our miniDV tapes from our camcorder to my computer I am going to need it. Looks like I am going to have to buy a firewire hub or pay someone to do it for me. Jen and I are looking into getting a camcorder with a hard drive, so it looks like it may be in my best interest to let someone take care of it for me. Otherwise I have an extra box laying around for one-time need... Not sure what I will do at this point. Otherwise, no complaints whatsoever!

No comments: