Saturday, February 7, 2009

2009 Update

Hello All-

A quick pre-cursor: please pass this site on to anyone that might want to keep up with my thoughts and events. I would greatly appreciate it!

This one is going to be shorter than usual. 2009 has continued to be good to Jen and I. As for me, I was awarded the 2008 Best Of The Best Award for being a top 10% performer for the year. I was then offered a 90-day interim position in management, which could possibly turn into a permanent position if everything goes well. Therefore, I will probably be a little less active on this site for a bit. 

From a family perspective, Jen and I are getting a few steps closer to start the process for IVF. Our tax refund has been kind enough to make its appearance early this year. My yearly bonus is going to be a week or so early as well. All things are pointing to starting IVF in the very near future. 

IVF has truly become a dichotomy of what is good and bad with her life. After our immediate family coming to the realization that we were not going to conceive naturally, they are much more understanding to what we have to overcome. We have been looking forward to this day for quite a while, but the fear is creeping in as it approaches. Excitement has waned and fear has taken residence in her mind. Jen is quite fearful of needles, and I tell her that there will be a lot of opportunities to face and overcome her fears in the upcoming months. How appropriate is it that the one thing she fears the most is in the way of the one thing she has wanted all her life? I wish that I could take some of the burden from her, but the drugs won't do me an ounce of good.... I try to tell her that the outcome will be worth she will go through many times over. She agrees, but it still doesn't help the fact that she is going to be stuck 50 or so times in about a month. Several of these I will have to give her because there is NO WAY she is going to do it herself- and I don't blame her. 

We plan to implant 3 embryos, which means we have a very strong chance to succeed- possibly even multiples... Twins would be very cool. Trips? I am good with that too, but Jen is much more weary about that. That would probably mean a lot of bed-rest for her, which would drive her insane. I would have the task of bringing the world to her since she would be secluded. I haven't worked that part out yet, so I am up for suggestions...

This posting is much larger than I had anticipated. Guess I had a lot to say. I will try to do this more often in the future. Peace and love to all who read and need....


No comments: