Saturday, August 8, 2009

Did You Get My Message?

Preface: Great tune by Jason Mraz on the album entitled, "MR.AZ." If you haven't already, please check it out ASAP!

It's amazing how adapted we get to technology. If you have been keeping up with my posts, you know that I have not been using Twitter all that long. I grew into it slowly, and before I knew what happened, I was waiting for the next update from the Sklar Brothers (great comedy duo) for my daily fix of a wry quip of a topical news story. Until Thursday, life was going quite well. All of a sudden, I notice that I havent received any messages in a few hours. Strange, because typically I would have heard something from Jay Mohr (another great comedian) or my sister (who can be a comedian at times). Crickets- I got nothing all morning.

Being in technical support, I review all my training: verified coverage, data sessions, etc. Complete a soft reset of my device. Still nothing. I removed the UberTwitter application from and added it back to the device. Zip. I then try to go online using the device and try to access Twitter's site. Zilch. I head home for lunch and now try to check the site on my computer. Nada.

I text my sister to figure out if our little bird-friend is okay. By the time I hear back from her, she has confirmed what I have been reading while on my lunch break: Twitter is down. This can't be happening. I know it has a few glitches that I can deal with, but DOWN? Yes- thanks to a computer dork... ahem... "hacker" crashing the server. No worries, it will be online again soon. I can pass the time, right?

Turns out, I couldn't. I was consistently check the site to see when it was back online. Finally Thursday evening, it was back online, but still a bit sluggish. Understandable. It's going to take time to fix the issue and get everything back into working condition again.

Friday rolls around and I check my device mid-morning. Hmm. Niet. Interesting, because I was getting random updates on UberTwitter. I would look down and see 45 new updates. Odd. Still not able to send an update through UberTwitter. I check with kid sis and she says her iPhone is updating Twitter without issue. DEAR GOD- Please let it not be UberTwitter! I download Twitterberry, which I could use as a backup until UberTwitter is working again. Twitterberry is not letting me update effectively either.

Turns out that there may be a residual issue with the Blackberry interface with Twitter, which is nice. This is day 2 of not being able to send updates. Now the 3 people who care about my updates won't know if I am okay. Sure, I could PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL or TXT a person, but that takes much more effort. That is a pathetic statement, isn't it?

I really hope this gets resolved soon. Then I can get back to feeling self-important: updating people who generally don't care that I am doing something they could care less about in a timely manner...

m

No comments: